Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dukan Diet - finding my inner goddess, at last!

It was a little hard to get up at 5.20am this morning - part of me just wanted to snuggle in to my permanent blokey hot water bottle for a little longer, but I thought,"if I get up and go to the gym, it may mean another small loss, so just do it!"

So I got up and went to the gym - did a weights workout with a little treadmill at the start and bike at the end. Fenix has a few bikes upstairs in the weights area that have a 'virtual reality' program. First time for me and it is really motivating to be 'racing' the clock and other riders. Fun! I am a competitor, by nature!

Then home to the scales and woo! hoo! - another small loss of just 100g (.1kg) - but now I am 5.4kg down with only 13.6kg to go in 87 days. I had a small porridge with oatbran this morning and half a toasted muffin with vegemite. It seems I need the carbs after the gym. I had left-over Dukan recipe meatloaf for lunch (made John a meatloaf sandwich to take to work) and will have just protein tonight. And maybe a green tea while I watch Packed to the Rafters ...

Oh - I started this blog with "finding my inner goddess" - and guess what? It seems that losing 5kg makes a difference. My work pants are all a little loose - my favourite pair are dragging on the ground slightly, even with my high heel boots on - as I guess my ass/hips are slightly smaller so they hang a little lower. My upper body shape seems to have changed too - it's, er, more shapely. And the tops of my legs now look more like legs than tree stumps .... how will I feel after another 5kg?????

3 comments:

  1. yay!! i'm loving that you're finding your inner goodness. It must feel so great to be noticing the difference in your pants. well done!
    wow... and another 5kgs... i think you'd feel like a whole new person! I think you're already looking younger!
    Remember the guy in the cafe last week.. he said "you cant be old enough to have a daughter that old!" haha.... getting lots of attention hot stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cute - by the way, I haven't found my inner goodness, just my inner goddess! I forgot about the cafe guy flirting with us - although I think he was just hoping for a tip! Although I always assume that these dudes are nice to me just to get to my gorgeous daughter/s!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo haha... my bad. (i'll never be a good speller)
    And you wouldn't have such gorgeous daughters if you wern't gorgeous yourself!

    ReplyDelete