Friday, July 30, 2010

Dukan diet - Day 12 - Only have myself to blame!

John had an early start this morning - so HE didn't have time for a walk - so I CHOSE NOT TO WALK to have breakfast with him and head to work early too. Big mistake! Gained 100g (.1kg). Now 126 days and STILL 17.7kg to go.

It is true what they say about a habit - it takes 21 days to create a habit. I walked for the first 5 days, two day break over the weekend, even though I did other exercise - it wasn't in the morning, then walked two days - then BOMBED for three days. John is off on a business trip from Monday morning for the whole week - so it is up to me to motivate myself - get my (fat) ass out of bed each morning to walk - and check out the local gyms. A (younger) friend, Denyka, has suggested I ask the three local gyms for a 'free' trial - good idea!

On top of the blatent lack of exercise - I ate really well during the day - but we went to the pub last night. Drank iced water (good), entree of seared scallops on cauliflower puree (seemed OK), then entree of salt & pepper calamari with green salad. I KNEW it was flash fried - I just WANTED it! Mind you, if I had walked I would not have gained ...

However, I no longer think about sweets - chocolate, cake or dessert - so that's a plus!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment